Sunday, June 24, 2012

Rethinking Hot Glue

I confess, I'm a late comer to the love affair with hot glue. Despite an early start to crafts, I didn't own my very own glue gun until a year ago. It was a hand me down and it blew up. There was fire and cursing, but enough luck involved so I wasn't hurt. The near death experience aside, I really did fall in love with hot glue. That lasted all of a week. Now I am not so sure. Here are my complaints. First, it turned yellow in the sun, so the window hanging project now has a yellow goobers all over. Second, it loosened up in the sunlight and some of the pieces popped loose. I had plans to use it for some outdoor winter crafts, but I don't know how it would do with the cold. Third, the strings drive me nuts. They are like cobwebs everywhere.
However, I don't know of anything that will work better. Hmmm.... Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment